Quote:

LOL ok changing the WP is a pain . I wish every job was a quick and painless. My WP and clutch fan has 225,000 on it you think I should worry? If cannot take 30-40 minutes start to finish.

Thank-you for your valuable contribution from someone who hasn't even done one.

In 30 to 40 minutes let me know if you even have that miserable fan shroud and the overflow tank off , let alone see the water pump.

3 to 4 hour job for anyone who would rather spend the whole afternoon bent over the rad support and wedged in between the rad and the block than behind the wheel of your Ram. Yep, it's a real party.

my contribution, from someone who's done a few water pumps on the magnum engines.

gotta drain the coolant anyway to swap the pump. Yank out the whole radiator. 2 hose clamps, and 2 10mm bolts and the whole radiator lifts straight out. after coolant is drained, it takes about 3 minutes to remove the radiator. you could even take an extra 2 minutes and remove the 6 bolts that hold the upper core support across the top of the radiator. with the radiator comes the fan shroud, and you can leave the AC condenser in place, hooked up, and just kind of leaning out of the way.

then it feels like the whole front end of the truck opened up and the motor is on an engine stand.

makes the water pump change go a lot quicker.

Just food for thought if you ever have to do another one.

**Photobucket sucks**