Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

sorry for the dumb question, but i have started building my 73 duster and want to make sure it has the 4-5 inches of lift that you guys are talking about. So how do you check for it and what do you do to the front-end if you don't have the recommended travel. I will be using the mopar 002/003 super stock springs for now. don't have the money for cal tracts or ladder bars right now.these same super stock springs in my big block dart has been a best of 1.48 running 10.49 at 125 in the 1/4. thanks mopar65

Make sure the car is on level ground.
Measure from the wheel lip on the fender directly over the spindle to the ground. Jack the car up slowly watching the bottom of the front tire. Just as the tire appears to be coming off the ground (try to rotate it so you can tell when it comes off the ground), measure to the same point on the fender lip to the ground. Do the math from the 2 measurements and that is your travel. Beep

This is how I measured mine...One thing you will find as well is the bumpstop for the upper control arm can also limit front end travel a whole bunch. I ended up cutting mine down big time, and that alone got me 1" of more front end travel.

cool thanks for the tip. Mopar65

3520 pound race ready 1973 Street/Strip Dodge Dart - Stock stroke 440/727 10.49 @ 125.0 on 93 pump gas & ET Street Radials. More to come... ( SGT Miller) Proudly served 12 years in the US ARMY RESERVES support our troops