Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Omni/Charger seats are a direct bolt on to E-body seat tracks. I have a set from my old Shelby in my challenger. World of improvement over the 71 seats.

Got any pics?

These are they. I started to take the car on a road trip, turned to back out of the driveway and the original 71 seat back popped in two, turned out it had a growing stress fracture in the frame that let go finally.

So I pulled these out of storage and shot a can of SEM dye on each seat to get by. Three more payments on the Wrangler and I can start working on the car again, including having these reupholstered to match the yellow black interior I had going on.

As I said, they are a direct bolt-in on e-body seat sliders. The way the sides flare forward a little makes getting in and out a little harder. Could probably lean them back if I wanted to while getting in and out. Or I could loose 15 pounds... nah, probably just start leaning them back. But once you are in, they hold you in place really comfortably.

True it may be hard to find a set in this good of shape, but I would rather reupholster a bolt in set than try to jerry-rig some kind of adapters to put in something from another make, and not have a good idea how they are going to ride as far as height and leg room.

Old thread but I just saw your seats and was wondering what years Omni/charger they are from.

Pretty sure the Shelby Charger I took them out of was a 1984 model.