Quote:

Not to steal this thread, but i'm in the middle of replacing both quarters and fenders with AMD stuff, but will not have the car painted until next spring. I will finish the bodywork before winter and want to cover the bare metal (along with the usual filler) and resume work in the spring...what's the best choice (type/brand) of epoxy primer, and how many coats for now??

Also, does the black coating on the AMD parts need to be completely stripped from the inside of the fenders & quarters?? or can it be scuffed and primered??

thanks!!!!!

"Best" epoxy depends on who you ask. The brand I've relied on for the past twenty years is PPG, the DP line of epoxies. Before that I used Glasurit, a high end European brand. The PPG DP is pricey compared to mail order brands like Kirker, but I like knowing I have a local supplier and regional rep I can call if there is ever a question or problem.
The black coating on the AMD parts should only be sanded not removed, (220 grit is fine) and primed. I prefer to epoxy my new sanded parts also.