Quote:

Quote:

Unfortunately, the new Year One 17" wheels do not have much caliper clearance.

Hi cass will your new gen 1 viper kit 11.75 by 1.25 work with these wheels...? I own your new kit and it's really sweet..and I have the new year one magnums.

the 11.75" should clear without a problem - like I said my gen 2 calipers just barely touch on both ends, the 1st gens are alot smaller...

1)I'm gonna try to get a hold of some spacers to see if that works, looks like it does taper in slightly but if its more than what I would like I may just upgrade to 18's instead, how big of a spacer would i be able to run on those studs before I would have to go to those bigger spacers which bolt on the stud and then the wheels bolt on separate studs?

2)I could probably get the caliper bracket machined down a bit and machine the rotors as well, but I'd like to avoid going to a machine shop everytime I need new rotors, although If its cheap I may end up doing it - how much do you think this would cost?

3) If I do go 18" what are good sizes to look for? would like to keep them around 26"

sorry for the bad pics, tried to take it with my camera phone, played with some settings, still didn't get them the way i wanted:

andyf's kit

rim on car

top of caliper - about 1/2" - 1" touching the rim

bottom of caliper - about 1-2" touching the rim, (don't be fooled by the shadow cast)

I'm on vacation as of monday morning - I won't be able to respond to you guys till i get back on friday - thanks for the replies!!!