I have been using this thread to start building my own. Thanks for all the input guys.

I wanted to share something I ran across. I was starting to mock up the transfer pivot plates at work, and was looking at the 3 pt hitch on the back of our ford tractor, and thought, "Man, those look just like the transfer links." I did some searching around and found some at NAPA.

Closest one I found there was this one:

Part number 8192002, sells for about $50.00. Said it was 29" long, but they couldnt tell me if that was fully extended or fully collapsed.

LAter I was at Harbor Freight, looking for a wheel balancer, and found this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96073

Now looking at the pic on the web site, it looks ALOT smaller than it really is. I actually thought at first it might bee too heavy. I didnt have a tape measure with me, but the holes in the rod ends looked to be close to 3/4" maybe bigger. And at $20.00 or so, its a pretty cheap set up. The body of the rod tube is pretty thick.

I am not sure how a lift arm or top link for a 3 pt hitch will hold up under a severly high HP car, or how it will handle the shock loads of a heavy car with a stick and slicks. But even if you dont want the HF units, if the NAPA unit works for $50.00 it still isnt a bad deal. By the time you buy the tubing and rod ends, youre pretty close to that price anyway, and dont need to fab anything.

Well thought i would share. I am going to try the HF units. I dont like buying stuff there anymore than anyone else, but if it doesnt work I can always upgrade.

WE have a farm store nearby as well, I may stop in there and have a look-se.

I used to care but....... things have changed