Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I made a set for my wreck. Make SURE you get some good shocks too. I tryed mine out at the track with the old set of stock shocks I'd been running with my pinion snubber. I'm lucky I'm still here to type this. I've since bought and installed a set of Rancho 9000's from Calverts racing.Dave

i understand the need for a good shock, but could you elaborate on the behavior of your truck before the shock change ?

The old shocks topped out at the hit of the throttle. It spin, slid, and porpoised the entire length of the track. Without some control on the extension or compression of the shocks, you'll see zero weight transfer to the rear. I spent my whole time during each pass just trying to keep it off the rail and trying to keep it semi-straight. I tryed 5 passes that day, made it to the end under full power 3 times. I should have aborted those 3 also, I was a danger on the track. Dave

i thought the shock being too short would be a problem.glad you kept it shiney side up ! how much longer shocks did you end up with ? also, how stiff on extension did you go ?