Quote:

Quote:

The dealership bill is $1400

Gawd, I feel ill just seeing that number.

which I am going to call up Dodge Customer Service to see if they can help me out since it pertains to the Emission.

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking my suggestion. When I had some small leak codes on my '01 Ram the dealership smoke tested the whole system and didn't charge me anything. They came right out and said that emissions were covered after the normal warranty ran out.

And, here's what you should try, but this is just me and only my opinion:

Find another fuel station that has alot of turnover and go get yourself a full tank of 89. Go home, if you have a code reader erase your code. If not, borrow one. Unhook your battery cables overnight, plan a nice long highway trip, hook 'em back up and go. Fill your tank again from the same pump, and keep drivin'. If the code comes back just erase it and keep driving. Don't unhook the battery again, just keep putting the miles on and run the same fuel.

It can take a few tanks of fuel to do this while the computer re-learns what's happening. If all goes well that code will go away and leave you alone. Go back to 87 octane and everything should be fine.

I've been around the block with my 2001 Ram on small and large leak codes, and it always goes away. You just have to give it time and the computers don't leave any room for error if you get sh!t fuel, which in this day and age happens alot.

PM me if you like, I'd like to know how you make out. Hope this helps you.

I could see that happening with say, a mis-fire code, but how in the world does quality or octane of gas have anything to do with a system that puts vacuum on a fuel tank?

**Photobucket sucks**