Quote:

Maybe I missed it in another thread, but did you ever figure out what was causing the problems with your car? I had replied to your first thread when this all started as I was having a similar problem with my 65 Newport. I am now happily running the original points distributor in mine. My electronic conversion is on the bench waiting until I have winter down time to trouble shoot it.

I still have not gotten to the root of the problem yet. I just got my old TQ back that was on the car last year. I replaced that carb with one from HARMS because the car was not warming properly, but I have now been educated and think that may have just been a choke linkage issue. So I hope to correct that and run my old TQ. I am going to put that one back on and see if the problem goes away. The car ran ok last season after it warmed up with that carb, but I didn't take it on any long drives because the resto was fresh and I was staying close to home. I want to try to rule out weather or not the problem is coming from the carb before I start changing more ignition parts. I hope to do the carb swap one night this weekend.

2016 Diesel Ram 3500 Mason Dump
1971 Challenger
2013 Jeep Wrangler
1979 Dodge Ram Power Wagon 400 Mini Pumper
My other car is a Fire Truck.