Quote:

Scott,

I'm just going to throw this out there, because I had a similar problems years ago when I changed out the gas cap on my Challenger, I but a non vented cap on it, unknowingly, and the car would start to run ragged after 20-30 minutes, let it sit and what I thought was cooling off, it would restart and run fine for another 20-30 minutes...well it turned out I was starving the pump for fuel because of a vacumm/suction lock in the tank, I getting some fuel but not enough...could this be your issue?, perhaps a cap, or flip cap added during your resto?, or perhaps a vent/emission line not open, deleted, plugged, plumbed wrong during the resto?...if this might be the case, try running the car with no gas cap to see if the condition prevails,...sometimes it's the simplest things, or things we do to ourselves

Mike

Thanks Mike, I will try this first as there is no expense or waiting involved. I also ordered a new control box as I don't think it will hurt to have a spare on hand if that's not the problem.

2016 Diesel Ram 3500 Mason Dump
1971 Challenger
2013 Jeep Wrangler
1979 Dodge Ram Power Wagon 400 Mini Pumper
My other car is a Fire Truck.