Cab

Finally got around to working on it. You were right and the oil pump shaft was fine. Went to put the aftermarket one in I bought and found the following.Here is what I found. I went from 915 heads to 452 heads for the open chambers to lower compression down because of the blower setup. Push rods are the originals I had and never had issues with them. Installed Harland Sharp 1.5 rocker system at same time heads were installed. Cam is the original one and running lifts of .587 on intake and .600 on exhaust measured at the valve. No coil bind anywhere and still have a lot of room before it even thinks of getting close to coil bind. Push rod to ball on rocker arm has no binding or getting close anywhere on them. Stumped on this and trying to figure on where to go or what caused it. Figuring on just buying push rod kit and building them to fit each valve location. Any input on maybe what to look for or maybe what caused it? Note: all damaged ones are on the exhaust side. Two lifters were spit out from their bores also and lost engine oil when it happened. Thanks.

Last edited by 62SAVOY; 11/30/13 05:09 AM.