Quote:

I need to replace the steel line from fuel tank to the fuel pump on the road runner. Do you just buy a roll from the local parts store and bend it like the factory did or should I buy the more expensive pre-bent stuff from the restoration suppliers? Stock gas tank and line are currently on the car.

Tonight while I was replacing the short rubber hose at the gas tank, I kinked the steel fuel line by the shock and it cracked. I'm not sure if I should try to cut & flare, run longer rubber hose or just replace the whole thing.I an not that experienced with bending steel lines and not sure how everyone else does it?

Any help would be appreciated!

John

I have bent full lines. all of them - fuel, vent, return, and brake. it's not that hard if you have the original line to start with. it just takes a fair amount of persistence and elbow grease. I also would mention I did this with jackstands and not a lift which would have made it a lot easier. that being said, it's pretty hard to get it exactly like factory. But my end result was pretty good.

If I had the opportunity to buy lines for a good price (which I don't), I would have done it. Wasn't an option for me, but it's very easy to buy the stock and do it. You will need the proper bending tools though, so unless you already have them, it's probably not a cost effective route for you

One thing I will mention is that 3/8" steel is pretty hard to bend, so depending on which line you are making, at some point you lose a bit of your capability to make fine adjustments by hand. If your line is 5/16", that's quite a bit easier

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know