Richard PLEASE try to understand this is a mopar site and we love our mopars, and mopar people feel that a mopar deserves a mopar in it.
putting a chevy or ford engine in one is just not right..
in our opinion...

it's like saying mopars motors are junk and I want to put a good engine in my car(truck)
that is like a slap in the face to a mopar loyalist .

think about it this way, say you had a nice 66-67 nova or a 68 camaro and went to a camaro or nova site
and said you had a dodge 318 or a 302 ford engine just sitting in your garage and to save money you were going to put that engine in YOUR chevy.
can you imagine what the response would be from the chevy guys

I did a test a few years ago on a camaro and a nova site saying that was what I wanted to do and I was called every name in the book for ruining a good car with that junk mopar engine.

I was also told to sell that car and pick up a dart or challenger to put my engine in and let someone who likes chevys build the car that I was going to ruin.

I know you have a very nice old chevy truck, so i know you like chevys and that is cool,
but think how little your truck would be worth with a ford or mopar engine in it and what people would think of it...

I bet you never even thought about using anything but a chevy in your chevy

with all that being said, it IS YOUR truck and your money so you can do anything you want to your truck.

I just think it would more unique and cool if it was mopar powered

so have fun with your build but please don't get mad with the mopar crowd if someone says something negitive,
we're just tired of all the chevy engines in our beloved mopars. Ron...