Quote:

The only direct attachments between the front end and the cab are 2 bolts from inside the kick panel area into the fender flange (a couple inches forward of the door hinges) and then the 2 struts from the upper cowl that go forward to near the center of the upper "nose" section. On the original frame, the upper and lower grill sections and fenders are mostly held in place to the frame with the 2 fender inner panels (the panels with the vertical louvers) and the core support. The fender inner panels bolted front and rear onto the top of the frame rails. The core support, the large u-shaped channel, had 2 bolts at the bottom center that bolted to a flange on the front edge of the main cross member.

I'm currently moving my '41 from its original frame onto a '95 Dakota chassis with a '05 5.7L HEMI. A cross-member has to be fabricated for the core support, then the inner fender panels need to be adjusted to attach to something since they are no longer directly above nor parallel to the frame rails. I think I will use some sturdy 90 degree tabs attached to the Dakota frame rails to support the inner fender panels.

While we have my '41 cab off without nose or fenders attached, I'll take some pictures and measurements. My truck has been in Cali and Arizona all it's life and 100% rust and damage free, so measurements should be reliable.

My '41 frame will be on the market soon

Thanks for the info. I would love to see pictures of a solid truck.

I went to pull-a-part and looked at an earlier Dakota frame, They are prettier than the 2001 frame (don't have the bolt on section at the rear). I was disappointed to find out they were only 2.5 inches or so narrower. That wouldn't be enough for me to tuck my wheels.