Quote:

The sponsor money that is brought in for a event like this wouldn't cover the cost of 2 classes of racing.

It's been that way since I started putting these shows on.

I don't know why. Maybe that's the question that should be asked.

Why don't the people we support as hobbyists support us?

I'm still waiting on sponsor money from every race I put on including the first one.

I would think that putting on the largest Mopar Drag Race in the country would make this a tin bit easier. But it's just not so.

As far as the payouts changing, like I said elsewhere.

I put on a free race on Saturday once, and people complained about a free race. I said I would never do that again. I also think that it costs the same amount of money for a guy with a 11 second car to go to the track as it does a 8 second guy. Gas is the same for everyone. So anyone that makes the trip should be rewarded the same. If one guy wants to bring his million dollar rig or his truck and open trailer they are treated fairly.

The guys who buy expensive stuff will say "ill just stay home and not use my toy if I'm not racing for a ton of cash"
Then the guy with the lower dollar operatio says "there is more of us than them, why should we get paid less".

Truth is out of 500 cars 10 will stay home because the top prize wasn't what they thought it should be. While 490 guys are happy to be there.

I guess I chose the easier battle.

Lets be honest 75 on 1500 is still a good bracket race an it pays back well and

WHY DO YOU DO IT???? Do you make a ton of money or sell a ton of parts?? If you do neither WHY DO YOU DO IT?? Its the old " I am the man that puts on a great mopar race and everyone hangs off my ??? and loves me" I will never go to a race that is only for one brand of car. The pay out sucks and they always kiss the guys that have garage kept race cars that are only raced at these events. If you have a bracket car you are treated like a stepchild with herpes. I can race local for more money and see more Mopars at the track that acually race every weekend and are not arorgant idiots with more money that god. Love Mopars but not most of the people.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL