Quote:

Quote:

I think the locking up in third is the shift pattern is reverse. So you actaully put the car back in first. With low band apply it will do some serious engine braking.

Leon

Hey Leon, not sure im following what you are saying- the valve body is NON low band apply. Also, why would it go back to first if both my trans and shifter are reverse pattern?

A reverse manual vb just swaps 1st and 3rd in the valve body. In theory the same shifter could shift the gears just not with any speed or precision. What makes a shifter reverse pattern is the stops allow you to go from first to second and stop then when you pull the shifter again you go to third. Just to remind you what you probably already know. stock pattern P/R/N/D/2/1. D being third if manual valve body. A reverse patter Tranzact P/R-N/R-N/1/2/3. I marked the reverse and neutral position R-N because the only difference is if you have the botton pushed.

Which Tranzact VB do you have?

I ran several Pro Brakes over the years with zero issues. Never heard of one locking in third. In fact it had to best shift into third of any of the VB's I tried. But, anything mechanical could have a problem.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.