First off, I think a tip of the hat is owed to Jamie for posting his experience. I think the vast majority of machine shop/ engine builder threads end up as more of a bash fest by many whether intended or not, so seeing posts like his can be refreshing.
The community of shops across the country as a whole are more tight knit than many people realize. Speaking only for myself I've dealt with at least 50 different shops and many of them, including myself send out certain things for little or no charge and most times never have a word mentioned about it in a forum like this. I guess that's a shame but it is what it is. Good will goes a long way in this business.
With that said, Kudos to Bob for helping out. Nobody does that stuff because they have to, they do it because they want to help. People do generally remember who treats them well so that kind of good will may come back ten fold to a business for future sales.
By the way, If Bob doesn't want to use "Boy George racing", maybe a better choice for a catchier name would be "Hog Pen Engines", or Grouchy Bear Racing"

Last edited by Performance Only; 05/10/13 04:51 PM.

machine shop owner and engine builder