Moparts

Bob George Great Guy !

Posted By: VernMotor

Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 01:46 AM

I needed some rod bolts . No one had any..Call all over. Then I called Bob..He says Yea I got some I send them right out to ya ! Cool. I did't even ask how much..Did't matter at this point! so two days later there come my rod bolts ..Happy camper..But something is missing out of the Box ! The Bill.. so I ask him where the bill ? How much do I own you. He says Nothing..I like come on ...I pay for my race car parts..He says Just helping a friend and a racer out..I tell I do own him and I will get even..He say cup of coffee for the shipping !
I just don't know what to say or think.. he is very nice man and I thank him many times over .Not to many would do something like this..
Posted By: Eric

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:01 AM

Doesn't surprise me one bit...great guy and he builds a pretty nasty motor too...

Attached picture 7697668-Arrowrichmond.jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:05 AM

He is a good guy and this is proof of it... and it goes
WAY OVER THE TOP

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:23 AM

Better view of his name on the side of my car...

Attached picture 7697710-arrowrichmond2.jpg
Posted By: domingo

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:26 AM

good fella-
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:37 AM

Quote:

good fella-

X2 !! I have one last part to order...And it is coming from him when this mess is over...Did I mention he knows his stuff??
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:58 AM

X3. Bob is one of the good ones. Dave
Posted By: dare_dude

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 03:58 AM

would like a way to contact phone e-mail??? Thanks guys got it.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 06:39 AM

The world needs more guys like Bob.
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 09:42 AM

Quote:

The world needs more guys like Bob.

Agreed!
Posted By: Palindrome Cuda

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 09:59 AM

I agree,Bob is just a good person he lives by Curt's legacy "Racers helping Racers" Mike
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 11:17 AM

Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 12:14 PM

Thanks again Bob for all that you do for us.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 01:42 PM

he did the same thing for me with an oil pump cover.i wonder how he keeps people from buggin him for free stuff.every time i do somthing like that for someone it turns into a charity case and people come out of the woodwork.
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 02:14 PM

...but he likes Hemis!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 03:30 PM

That's Bob

Super guy all the time............

Russ
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 04:14 PM

The real thanks belongs to my son Curt.He established a philosophy at BGR a long time ago of "playing it forward","racers helping racers".This was the concept he built the team of BGR racers around.They represent Curt's legesy by being professional,courtious,respectfull and willing to help when they can.
We are honored to carry on his legesy and are humbled by the respect we recieve by doing so.
We hope many will join us at Quaker City this year to honor Curt at the 9th annual Curt George Memorial Race.
Thanks for all the kind words.
Respectfully Bob George and the BGR team of racers.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 05:24 PM

Quote:

The real thanks belongs to my son Curt.He established a philosophy at BGR a long time ago of "playing it forward","racers helping racers".This was the concept he built the team of BGR racers around.They represent Curt's legesy by being professional,courtious,respectfull and willing to help when they can.
We are honored to carry on his legesy and are humbled by the respect we recieve by doing so.
We hope many will join us at Quaker City this year to honor Curt at the 9th annual Curt George Memorial Race.

When is the race at Quaker City?
Posted By: rbds65

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 09:29 PM

I am not a racer (anymore), but Bob was nice to me. Trying to carry it forward sir.
Posted By: DusterDog

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

When is the race at Quaker City?

July 17th & 18th
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/08/13 09:58 PM

Bob has done a lot for mine and my sisters racing program. Can't say enough good things about him.

Also the Curt Memorial at QCR is Aug 17-18.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/09/13 01:02 AM

Bob is an awesome man. He has helped us out with questions and parts a few times. We have been to all of the Curt George Memorials treats everyone like family.

Bob, We met the lady who is working with you on the Curt George Memorial Race. We were at Quaker City last Saturday for Test and Tune. Chasity was testing the Hemi she will be racing this season. Good choice of tracks we enjoyed our day there.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/09/13 04:05 AM

Bob is a stand-up guy. Picked up my spare heads and modified intake and left with more stuff in my truck than I planned for, at a great price. Thanks Bob. Hope to see you at Beaver Springs.

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/09/13 11:43 AM

We would like to extend our thanks and appreciation to all the racers and friends who support BGR and the Curt Memorial Race.With out them we would just be another shop.Our creed is our customers become our friends,our friends become our family.The BGR racing family is made up of some of the greatest people in our sport and we are honored to have them represent us.Curt left us with a legesy that should be part of our everyday lives.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/09/13 12:49 PM

All that and good looking too!

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/09/13 10:44 PM

Quote:

All that and good looking too!

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 02:15 AM

Ok....which Bob George are we speaking of??????

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 02:23 AM

Quote:

Ok....which Bob George are we speaking of??????

I just was not going to go there !!
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 05:35 AM

Could it be ?????

Attached picture 7700053-BG.jpg
Posted By: Palindrome Cuda

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 09:46 AM

Boy, it's going to get real deep around the Hog Pen now !!!!! Where's Frito when you need him?

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 03:08 PM

Quote:

Boy, it's going to get real deep around the Hog Pen now !!!!! Where's Frito when you need him?

Just as soon as I get a gracious compliment from "queen poopy pants" you have to bring up the "Hog Pen"

Help me out here Frito
Posted By: 383man

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 05:46 PM

Thats what I love about this hobby. Good people like that make this hobby alot of fun and are not out just to get a buck. Ron

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 06:05 PM

Quote:

Thats what I love about this hobby. Good people like that make this hobby alot of fun and are not out just to get a buck. Ron

We accept dollars,never got a buck(deer) as payment,but we accept goats and sheep. We almost got a deal with "queen poopy pants" but Mike(Palindrome Cuda)put the stop to that.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 06:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

We accept dollars,never got a buck(deer) as payment,but we accept goats and sheep. We almost got a deal with "queen poopy pants" but Mike(Palindrome Cuda)put the stop to that.

You accept road kill possum? if so then I want a max effort big block cause there's plenty of of flat possum around here.,,,I need a smiley with a shovel here.

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 07:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You accept road kill possum? if so then I want a max effort big block cause there's plenty of of flat possum around here.,,,I need a smiley with a shovel here.

We could possiable take a possum on trade for some lamb chops or goat cheese.
Posted By: Hemi Joe

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 07:33 PM

Bob- could not help to chime in!! I will never forget the urgent help you gave us when we needed to replace our roll cage, thanks again. And as I told you many times, we could never forget that smile on Curts face, I often think about him and the 1st time we met him and how he eagerly had my wife and I to come over to your trailer to meet you! Believe me he was proud to be your son!!!

You are a GOOD GUY, keep up the good work, and thanks again !!HEMI JOE & JEAN . However, I must ask, IS BOY GEORGE A CLOSE COUSIN OR IS HE A DISTANT COUSIN ???? JUST ASKING - NOW THAT I THINK OF IT - THEIR IS SOME SIMILARITIES - maybe its just the way he combs his hair.

Hopefully you still go under the name of Bob George Racing and not Boy George Racing.. Just a thought - See you at the track.
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 08:50 PM

First off, I think a tip of the hat is owed to Jamie for posting his experience. I think the vast majority of machine shop/ engine builder threads end up as more of a bash fest by many whether intended or not, so seeing posts like his can be refreshing.
The community of shops across the country as a whole are more tight knit than many people realize. Speaking only for myself I've dealt with at least 50 different shops and many of them, including myself send out certain things for little or no charge and most times never have a word mentioned about it in a forum like this. I guess that's a shame but it is what it is. Good will goes a long way in this business.
With that said, Kudos to Bob for helping out. Nobody does that stuff because they have to, they do it because they want to help. People do generally remember who treats them well so that kind of good will may come back ten fold to a business for future sales.
By the way, If Bob doesn't want to use "Boy George racing", maybe a better choice for a catchier name would be "Hog Pen Engines", or Grouchy Bear Racing"

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 10:52 PM

Well Dan you been real good to me in the past also.. many thanks for your help

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/10/13 11:27 PM

Quote:

First off, I think a tip of the hat is owed to Jamie for posting his experience. I think the vast majority of machine shop/ engine builder threads end up as more of a bash fest by many whether intended or not, so seeing posts like his can be refreshing.
The community of shops across the country as a whole are more tight knit than many people realize. Speaking only for myself I've dealt with at least 50 different shops and many of them, including myself send out certain things for little or no charge and most times never have a word mentioned about it in a forum like this. I guess that's a shame but it is what it is. Good will goes a long way in this business.
With that said, Kudos to Bob for helping out. Nobody does that stuff because they have to, they do it because they want to help. People do generally remember who treats them well so that kind of good will may come back ten fold to a business for future sales.
By the way, If Bob doesn't want to use "Boy George racing", maybe a better choice for a catchier name would be "Hog Pen Engines", or Grouchy Bear Racing"

Hemi Joe and family, everyone who met Curt say the thing they remember most was his great smile.He was not just the best son a father could have,he was my best friend,co-worker and business partner.He always was there when anyone needed help.He will always be the driving influence at BGR and we can only aspire to be worthy of legesy.
As far a Boy George we are definately not related

Dan,I agree with you that sometimes we don't often hear the good things that people do for each other but do "quite often" hear the bad.Jamie like many other Mopar racers have met us at the races and know us for who and what we are and have developed a personal and professional relationship based on mutual respect.We certainly don't do it for attention or monotary gain.We believe in "Kharma" and as you mentioned the good you do for others will return to you.We need to get back to what made this country great, people looking out for each other,playing it forward.This was Curt's philosophy and how he lived his life.
I applaud and respect you and others here on Moparts for all the help and advise that is provided to the members.
As far as "Hog Pen Engines" or"Grouchy Bear Racing" which both are catchy names,the hog pen is long gone and the "Bear" is only grouchy when he gets poked.
The fact that we have a site that we can communicate world wide and help each other is the most important aspect of Jamies post.
Respectfully Bob
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Bob George Great Guy ! - 05/11/13 03:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Hemi Joe and family, everyone who met Curt say the thing they remember most was his great smile.He was not just the best son a father could have,he was my best friend,co-worker and business partner.He always was there when anyone needed help.He will always be the driving influence at BGR and we can only aspire to be worthy of legesy.
As far a Boy George we are definately not related

Dan,I agree with you that sometimes we don't often hear the good things that people do for each other but do "quite often" hear the bad.Jamie like many other Mopar racers have met us at the races and know us for who and what we are and have developed a personal and professional relationship based on mutual respect.We certainly don't do it for attention or monotary gain.We believe in "charma" and as you mentioned the good you do for others will return to you.We need to get back to what made this country great, people looking out for each other,playing it forward.This was Curt's philosophy and how he lived his life.
I applaud and respect you and others here on Moparts for all the help and advise that is provided to the members.
As far as "Hog Pen Engines" or"Grouchy Bear Racing" which both are catchy names,the hog pen is long gone and the "Bear" is only grouchy when he gets poked.
The fact that we have a site that we can communicate world wide and help each other is the most important aspect of Jamies post.
Respectfully Bob

And Kudo's to both of you guys, I have met and hung out with Bob but only purchased some parts and had some great conversation on the phone with Dan a number of years ago and you both have my respect.
© 2024 Moparts Forums