My $.02...

Ran .904"-type .546" solid on the street w/ 125 closed / 330 open for about 5000 miles and the lifters & lobes looked perfect. RPM limit for me w/ that cam was approx. 6200 (engine started to fall off much past 6000).

Ran the same company's .904"-type .560" solid (one step up from the other cam) on the street for a little over 1000 miles using springs w/ approx. 140 seat / 380 open. Break-in was done "text book" w/o inner springs, etc. Car ran perfectly for the first 900 miles or so, then dropped off 3 tenths & 3 mph between two weekends at the track. Turned out it started eating lobes by that point and even the ones that hadn't started going flat (two were really bad) showed indications of bad things to come.

Switched to Schubeck lifters after that. Current spring is the Lunati 73121 set up w/ approx 150 closed / 400 open for a .600" lift cam. Valve train on dyno looked pretty well under control right up to 7000 rpm, plus no hassles w/ the break-in ordeal.

To be blunt, I'm scared to run an aggressive solid anymore w/o Schubecks. I know plenty of people who don't want to shell out the additional money for 'em, but one bad experience w/ a wiped cam (and the subsequent expense associated w/ going back through the engine as a result) has me big-time gunshy about wiping cams again w/ normal lifters.