I mounted ours on the top of the right side inner fender. Less clutter over the top of the engine, keeps the coil a little cooler. Ran the wires along the top of the inner fender using little white plastic pieces that use a cable tie to hold the wires and a # 6 or 8 machine screw through the top of the inner fender. While the engine is out I am hoping to find the time to rebuild the harness and eliminate some stuff and run the alternator wires the same route so the only wires over the top of the engine are the distributor pickup wires. The move into the house we just completed (they are never complete of course) is sucking up all the time though.

We have a low deck so can't help you on the cable length. For what it is worth the one I used to replace the one that broke one night at the track is 24" I got from Mancini (jury rigged something at the track of course). The 24" I am sure would work just fine on a 440, they are not that much taller. For a bracket just made our own from a piece of aluminium to use the stock holder down bit, see attached. Of course, since we are going to a tunnel ram the bracket will be redesigned anyway.

Oh, car is a 70 RR

Last edited by David_in_St_Croi; 04/24/13 04:45 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/THENEWCDRA

Proud member of the liberal scientific elite