Moparts

coil bracket 440 performer rpm

Posted By: 70moparmike

coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/23/13 07:25 PM

running a performer rpm on a 69 gtx. need to know what you guy's use for a coil bracket? don't think stock will work with air grabber drop air cleaner? and also what throttle cable do you run, length? mine is to short now, i think. thanks moparts
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/23/13 07:54 PM

AndyF/AREngineering makes a nic one for the RPM intake that mounts it standing up in the gap/valley area at front of intake.

I have a RPM on my 88-440 truck and used the stock 4-V throttle/kickdown bracket and 3 piece linkage from a 78 truck.

I had to raise the clamp for the throttle cable on mine but other than that stock bracket worked for TV linkage.

AndyF makes a tall throttle bracket for the RPM intake also. looks stock but much taller at the throttle cable clamp. works with stock 3-piece linkage.

Attached picture 7679625-rpmcoilbracket.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/23/13 11:53 PM

I bought a Ford-style bracket off Feebay for mine; attaches with 1 bolt - plenty secure - and it's far enough away from the Holley carb that bowl R&I is no problem.

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 04:18 AM

heres another from ARE for a horozontal mount.

Attached picture 7680273-rpmcoilbracket2.jpg
Posted By: 70moparmike

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 12:41 PM

the stand up one is to tall for the drop air cleaner, but the rear mount looks perfect, thanks. now about the throttle cable? three peice linkage? i only have a cable? thanks
Posted By: R/T1968R/T

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 01:20 PM

Right up front!

Attached picture 7680517-IMG_0524.jpg

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 01:28 PM

Quote:

the stand up one is to tall for the drop air cleaner, but the rear mount looks perfect, thanks. now about the throttle cable? three peice linkage? i only have a cable? thanks

the bouchillon has a cut to fit throttle cable for mopar.

3-piece linkage is for auto trans kickdown. which mounts on the throttle cable intake bracket.

do you have a manual trans?

Attached picture 7680525-kickdown.jpg
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 05:04 PM

Here is the way mine is mounted you can see it fits under my stock air cleaner. It uses an offset flat remount piece that mounts to intake holes.

Attached picture 7680756-engine2.jpg
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 06:45 PM

here is what I did, so I can pull the carb fuel bowls without the coil in the way.

Attached picture 7680891-505-small.jpg
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 06:48 PM

Also, the return spring and bracket, and the throttle cable bracket are from Andy F.
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 08:43 PM

I mounted ours on the top of the right side inner fender. Less clutter over the top of the engine, keeps the coil a little cooler. Ran the wires along the top of the inner fender using little white plastic pieces that use a cable tie to hold the wires and a # 6 or 8 machine screw through the top of the inner fender. While the engine is out I am hoping to find the time to rebuild the harness and eliminate some stuff and run the alternator wires the same route so the only wires over the top of the engine are the distributor pickup wires. The move into the house we just completed (they are never complete of course) is sucking up all the time though.

We have a low deck so can't help you on the cable length. For what it is worth the one I used to replace the one that broke one night at the track is 24" I got from Mancini (jury rigged something at the track of course). The 24" I am sure would work just fine on a 440, they are not that much taller. For a bracket just made our own from a piece of aluminium to use the stock holder down bit, see attached. Of course, since we are going to a tunnel ram the bracket will be redesigned anyway.

Oh, car is a 70 RR

Attached picture 7681004-thrtlbrktclsup.jpg
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: coil bracket 440 performer rpm - 04/24/13 09:06 PM

I went to the hardware store and found a clamp that was meant for a pole on a chain link fence. I slipped a piece of vinyl tubing over the plated clamp, slid the coil into the clamp and bolted it to the inner fender of my '64 Polara. Simple, cheap and actually looked good. The picture is too big to submit and the Polara now lives in a Chicago suburb.
© 2024 Moparts Forums