I had a similar issue when converting over a 71 Charger R/T from brake drums to the Wilwood disc's. Mind you this was a brand new kit. Figured it'd be an easy afternoon job since I've done the conversion many times before. BTW, I hate safety wire lol

I put everything together, used a vacuum pump to bleed the brakes as always and no pedal. I figured there was air in the system so I kept bleeding and bleeding to no avail. I think I put close to 3 qt's through it. Figured I got a bad MC so I ordered another one. Still no help.

On my 2nd day of trying to get some pedal pressure I pulled the wheels off, had a bud jump into the car and lifted him on the lift and planned on bleeding the brakes the old way. However this time around I used a small dead blow hammer and tapped on the calipers in hopes to dislodge any trapped air at the pistons. I remebered this trick when installing a Baiar disc brake system in a Mustang.

I started on the right rear tapping the calipers with the dead blow while bleeding when I seen a burp of air come out of the line and he hollars down...I got pedal, not much and its soft, but I got pedal. A short time later the brakes worked like a million $$$. Just my

Last edited by hemidup; 04/20/13 11:27 PM.

Jerry Williams.