I haven't posted in awhile. Personal things going on. I finally got some time to wind down and work on the car. I decided a couple of weeks ago to strip my car to bare metal. I have been hesitant to do this, afraid of what I would find. The car actually looked pretty good so I thought I could get away with just doing a little body work and painting it. Long story short, I'm glad I stripped it even though it will require much more work. There was some known rust in front of the trunk lid that needed to be taken care of. My sheet metal fabricator came over and got to work makeing a patch panel and reconstructing the drip rails inside the trunk lid. These had been mostly cut out by a previous owner. I wish I had the tools to do this myself. The shrinker/strecher intriques me. There were also some major indentations maybe 3/4" deep, that he noticed right away that had been filled with lead. He says that this was not uncommon from the factory and they just filled them rather than pound them out. Anyone have experience with that? Anyway, Here are acouple of pics, one before and one after some time making and fitting parts.

7651081-34dodge005.JPG (302 downloads)