Quote:

I did lots and I mien lots of reading on this after towing an enclosed trailer for years with zero issues. I never even bothered taking a spare tire. I may have gotten sloppy as I know I didn't check tire pressure as often as I should have. I parked the trailer at my parents house for years on a concrete pad and in the shade and it offered lots of protection that it doesn't get at home. Quality as we knew it also changed during this time. Over the years I also added more weight to my trailer in the form of a bigger quad, more tools, more supplies. The big thing the full time RV'ers said to do is as I said above. Add more pressure, 8-10 pounds more. Craigslist home improvement guys are always looking for used tires for their smaller, lighter trailer so I know I will be changing mine out more often. I also carry a spare now and I bought one of the drive-on tire lifts and it works great.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eqt-01/overview/

I think weight is a issue more times than not. A enclosed trailer with 15 wheels on it can't handle much more weight than a car and some tools or a quad.

I have seen many custom add on's in trailers that are way too heavy for trailers like wood kitchen cabinets.

Like said above over inflate your tires by 10 pounds over what the sidewall says, it'll help a ton.

FWIW worth I have towed 4 different trailers over 350K miles in the last 20 years on Goodyears. Yup have never had flat by running them over inflated. All my enclosed trailers had 16" wheels and tires on them. I would never buy a enclosed with 15" wheels.
I can tell by looking at them if there low and checked them often, definitely before each trip and each morning while on the road. They loose about 1 pound per week on my trailers and I add air throughout the year.

I have bought like 3 sets of 6 for my 49' trailer and pulled that one close to 130K miles. Then a couple sets for my smaller enclosed trailers over the years.

Now I heard goodyears are made in china which sucks!

These 15" goodyears on my open trailer have 60+K miles on them now, I bought them new in 2009. I just got back from California this trip, 5400 miles in 10 days in 100-115 degree heat last July 2012. I run the speed limit out there 70-80 mph.
Always start clean and polished.

10 days later and 5400 miles in extreme temps covered in brake dust, thanks Goodyear for holding up.

Bonneville salt.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 04/05/13 08:58 AM.