Quote:

well its time for new rubber on the car trailer and I am looking for real world experience. Who has used carlisle trailer tires? I can get a 10 ply for 125 each, 12 ply for 160 each, or a chinese brand called Gladiator that has a 14 ply for 160 each. Anyone used these or have suggestions. I am hauling roughly 11-11.5k pounds. Thanks, Beep

Actually had a blow out on my trailer on the way back from the MATS last weekend. They were top of the line tires with a load rating that well exceeded the load and they were less than 1 year old and probably under 3000 miles on them. We did run in to a stretch of pretty rough road on the way out and back. My suggestion: Buy a quality US brand. Make sure the load range exceeds your load and axle GVWR, but don't go overboard on it. Don't look at ply rating. It's just too confusing ( radials / bias ply, tread / sidewall, etc.) Stick with load range. I am meticulous about my trailer maintenance, and still had a blowout - and found one outer wheel bearing going south after I got home. I'm pretty sure my tire failure was due to a ply separation ( pot hole ). Other 3 tires were fine. The roads ( inter State ) suck. Inspect your trailer often and for sure before and after a long haul. Have a fresh ( new ) spare tire ready to go. Run max pressure for your load range tires. Make sure your trailer springs are not beat out. Minimal axle travel will dump big loads on the tires over rough roads and can cause internal sidewall damage and eventual ply separation - and failure. Finally, check wheel bearings at least once a year. Lots of play or a growl sound when you spin the tires is a sure indication a bearing is on the way out. My outer bearing failure appeared to be caused by high impact load.

Fastest 300