Quote:

I didn't ask about trim rings. I have gone round and round about these rims, correct part number, phantom part number, should be part number, could be part number, and on and on. When I got the car I talked with Frank Balderson (sp), a great guy by the way, and he helped with the broadcast sheet. He also explained how, on May 1, Mopar changed from body color wheels to black and that was why mine (5/3/71) had black. I never asked the original owner buy I bet that is why he switched to ralleys. Thanks, everyone, for the help. Kim

Sorry, I confused your question with someone else. Your broadcast clearly states the 2944329 (29) wheel which, according to GG, is correct for either B or E body in 71, while in the same book it states that 2944327 (27) is for b body only. Eric (Butterscotch71) and I have discussed this and I think either one is acceptable. On a side note, these wheels were also found on later year cars as well. Although they may have different part numbers on them, they are physically the same (14x6 JJ). Here is a picture that shows a 2944329 on the left ('71 b or e) and a 3580060 on the right ('72-'74 b body).

4781305-resized75%.jpg (200 downloads)