Quote:

Quote:

That is badass ^^^^^^ I have thought of adding some kind of air extractors at the rear of the hood. What peoples thoughts? Seems you need air through the radiator but why keep it trapped in the engine compartment?

i had an old '68 dart 340. at 140mph the front floated, it felt like you were driving on a cloud. i had good shocks, so it was either the aerodynamics or the tires. or both. at that time i had BFG radial t/a's. i think they are rated for 88mph or something. at very high speeds they are not "stiff enough". you will definitely want rims/tires that have a good design for very high speeds. they will help control the float, along with a proper suspension setup and some aero setup. but dont underestimate the importance of the best rubber you can get under her. whatever tires you decide upon, imagine spinning them at a very high rpm...

Yup, I was thinking drunk elephant on ice skates, but cloud works. The wheels are spinning in the neighborhood of 2000+ rpm. I run Bilsteins and good Goodyear -45 series W-rated tires on 17" wheels. The rubber and shocks are in order. Definitely air control is my biggest priority for this next run in May.

11.33 @ 118.46 on motor
10.75 @ 125.35 w/ a little spray
Now, high Speed Open Road Racing - Silver State Classic Challenge, Nevada Open Road Challenge, Big Bend Open Road Race
Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020, 2022 2.0, Sick Week 2023