Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The air compressor trick is needlessly complex and risky - if any part of the chain fails, you've dropped a valve. The rope trick works just as well and is more reliable - feed some rope into the spark plug hole, turn the crank until it stops, etc. I did both sides of my engine this way with no trouble.

Valid point! I did some valve work on a motor once...I'd hate to think what would have happened if the hose on the air compressor blew apart when I had the springs off!

Done it with the air compressor 100's of times. Never even heard of that process failing. If your equipment is in that bad a shape, maybe you shouldn't be working on cars.

It's not about the quality of my equipment. it's about me having the luck that I do, and Murphy always seeming to be on "the other guy's side"

I'm the guy who does something a hundred times and never has a problem. never even imagined a problem could happen...then some wise guy comes along and says "you shouldn't do that, you might ____________" I respond with "meh, I've done it a hundred times and never had a problem" and at that exact moment, what I was just warned about happening, happens.

**Photobucket sucks**