While I would normally agree with Scott, I'm going to go ahead and agree with Ralph on this one. The first time someone told me they had the "4 speed air cleaner" on their '67 GTX I thought they were mistaken. However after hearing from several others that 4 speed cars came with unsilenced air cleaners with no snorkels I began to wonder.

My buddy Phil bought his '67 GTX brand new. PP1 red, black stripes, convertible, 4 speed, and it came with an un-silenced air cleaner. Could he be lying to me? Of course, but he has no reason to. I'll see if he has a picture of the engine when it was new lying around anywhere.

Not an early car either, he ordered it around February or March of '67. Pretty rare car too with the 4 speed being a vert.

Early on it was advertised that 4 speed cars were supposed to come with a special cam, same lift but 276/292 duration (sound familiar? If not read the early A12 adds) and was supposed to be rated at 390 horsepower. I didn't believe that either but Phil showed me the ad he had that was clearly advertising so.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 04/03/13 03:48 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street