Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What is the difference in a 67 GTX / R/T air cleaner and one used on a 67 C body 440 ??. The one I have the lid measures about 3 1/2 inches. I have had if about 30 years and was kinda thinking it came off of a C body wagon that I pulled a 440 from.

Dan

Easy way to distinguise for reference, is that you'll find that on a C-body you cannot use the pie pan...center dome area is too tall.

Actually incorrect again... The only C-body dual snorkel air cleaner came on the TNT package, which had a pie tin. The diameter is the same.
As stated above the only difference between the B and C body is the height. C body is higher.

Also, no unsilenced air cleaners on 67 440 GTX's or R/Ts.. Ever.. lol..

I had a similar discussion regarding air cleaners over at FBBO regarding the original one that came off my 66 Charger and you may want to take a look at the thread there. According to some original owners they were using the unsilenced air cleaner on big blocks earlier than 1967 models. See link below and you have to read into the thread for a ways as it started as a for sale ad.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?40277-1966-up-Mopar-383-4-air-cleaner