I have had several sets of hedders coated and/or recoated. And man, is there a difference in quality between them. First off, it has been my experience that if the first time failed, they won't do any better on the second.

Second, I have noticed 2 distinctly different surface textures on the ceramic coatings. One is similar to having been painted. It is a little darker than the other, will scratch if you're not careful and the surface is slightly rougher. I have had no luck with this type of coating. It is better than paint, but certainly not worth the cost.

The second is what you get from someone like QC Coatings. It is very smooth and bright. Doesn't look like paint, unless you are talking clear coat. It is just much harder, brighter, and smoother than the other stuff. Night and day difference.

There may be others that have a coating like QC, but I don't want to experiment any more to find out. Sorry to be an advertisement for QC, but they cost about the same as the others, but their quality is head and shoulders above the others I have tried.

Master, again and still