I see many asking about the G3's lately and how much it cost's to build one.

Back in 05 there were only a handfull of engine builders playing around with them with no aftermarket parts available whatsoever. It was kinda like the race to space to get one up and running and I won. Maybe thats how I got nick named the Grandaddy of G3 Hemi's lol. The only thing we could do was to add stroke by offset grinding the crank shaft to a 3.80" stroke. If you worked with the 5.7 you would get 370 cubes and 392 from the 6.1.

My journey started with my 2005 4x4 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee pickup truck. She weighed in at 5275 and ran 16 flat off the showroom floor. I wanted to go faster (of course) so I added a blower and the truck went 13.80's which was good enough to put some stock Ford Lightng's on the trailer. Then I wanted to faster (of course) and decided to add more cubes to my 5.7, some head work and a factory 6.1 billet roller camshaft. I planned on stroking my 5.7 to a 6.1...Then Chuck Lofgren stepped into the picture and told me he had a spare factory 6.1 short block and camshaft he was willing to part with and I was jiffy on the spot and picked it up the next day. BTW, thanks again Chuck for the great deal.

Here's the break down of parts, most of which were one off at the time.

6.1 short block and roller billet camshaft...$2000...forged 6.1 crankshafts are $400 from the dealer, factory billet roller camshaft $85, aftermarket camshaft over $400. 6.1 blocks from INDY $1400 ??

Offset grinding and surface harden the crank... $200

Custom Ferrea valves...$800 Sent me valves with .308" valve stem dia which then I had to get custom bronze valve guides.

Custom ARP bolts and stud's...$660 But since I helped them out with their first set of proto type G3 stud's and bolts they were kind enough to ship me 2 sets for the same price. Thank you ARP.

Custom ATI damper...$600 + and even though we helped their engineer's with the G3 prototype...didn't get a break in price.

Hand ported 5.7 heads which I took off my original 5.7 motor...N/C, but had Glen Knowlton message them a bit and picked up a few more cfm...N/C and thank you Glenn Knowlton, may you RIP.

Eagle Honda rod journal rods...$400

Custom Ross piston's, pins and rings...$1200. Another disaster. I ordered a full skirt piston design, but the skirt hit the crank throw's. Order another set of longer connecting rod's figuring the skirt would clear the throw's, but I was wrong. The longer rod pushed the piston waaay out of the hole so I had to mill the top's of the pistons off which increased the compression I wanted and still had piston skirt to crank throw issues. I then had to remove material off the crank throw's and rebalance the rotating assemble.

Custom Cometic head gaskets...$200

Manley Nextek valve springs and titanium retainers...N/C thank you Manley for the valve springs and retainers in exchange for me helping you out with your G3 Hemi piston development. Othewise the Manley valve spring's go for $200 +

6.1 HV oil pump $?? can't remember the price, but I still use the 6.1 factory oil squirter's. If it wasn't for the oil squirter's I'd use a 5.7 oil pump.

Sorry for the long post and I'm sure I forgot a few things, but I'll be more than glad to answer any and all question's concerning a G3 Hemi build.

Jerry Williams.