Quote:

Quote:

Well with all this talk about recycled glass and since the stuff in my cabinet was due for a change I decided I'd try it. Now this is in a cabinet but the results should be similar to a pot.

Well my friends, the stuff is crap as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't even come close to the performance of sand when it comes to paint and rust removal. If I had to estimate it in time I would say it would take TEN times as long to achieve the same results.

I will say this though - its less dusty and it leaves a nice "sparkly" finish to the surface. I didn't try it on aluminum but it just might leave a finish similar to a brand new aluminum intake.

Back to sand ...

Your comparison is fairly flawed, The glass you bought isnt the same grit as your sand so obviously its going to be slower and less agressive. I would assume your sand is around a 20-30 grit so go buy 20-30 grit glass and try it. 20 grit sand paper vs 100 grit sandpaper which one cuts harder?

Used glass beads out of glass beader is already junk before you blow it through your blaster because it was already crushed too fine.

I run glass beads at low pressures in a effort to prolong the beads. You can tell when there used up because it get's dusty in my cabinet.
Also like Chisf said, there are many different grades of glass.

Then crushed glass is different than glass beads.