Quote:

Can you tell us about the equipment you used, compressor, blaster, any tricks with hosing ect. I have a harbor freight one and it I
Either works really good or not at all. I have a 2 stage compressor but I wouldnt say it is the biggest out there. Your car looks really nice and white. Looks good.

I've done quite of bit of blasting over a 30 year span.

The HF blaster is too small(capacity wise) and has a ridiculous filler neck, it will cause you more aggravation than pleasure imo.

A small decent pressure pot blaster starts at $399., just like the one superfreak has in his picture above, I have one too only it's about 25 years old. It'll allow you to fill it 10X easier than that silly funnel thing HF gives you, because you will spend plenty of time filling your blaster, it goes fast.

Then water is your biggest enemy and a 5 HP 2 stage compressor is not big enough for efficient blasting. Small 5HP 2stage compressors make a ton of water and screws your blaster up.

Rent a minumun 100CFM diesel tow behind compressor from the tool rental for the air supply.

Many different medias available, get one made for blasting that is dehydrated in plastic lined bags. Pool and play is not dehydrated and is not made for blasting because it has rounded edges not splintered like blasting media is.

I have long, long hose coming from my diesel compressor to give the air time to cool before it get's to my pressure pot and large water separator that I keep wide open while I'm blasting so the water is continuously draining because there will be a lot of it.

I buy media from 2 places, one a building supply that sells bricks. The sell it to tuck point masonry products. I buy it by the pallet load, it's cheapest that way.

Then I buy urea plastic from a deburring company here in town, comes in a 200lb fiber drum and is enough to do the outside body of a car. Last time I bought it, it cost $440. bucks for 200lbs.

The regulator at the end of your long supply hose must has larger orifice inside, way bigger than the one you use for your shop air and a regulator is important to keep your work consistent.

I could go on and on and on.

You don't want to spend hours blasting the hell out of your car over and over because you are always waiting on air. One time with huge volume is way better for the metal than point blank for hours with a little compressor.

Experience will dictate what to blast and what not to blast. Like undercoating, you not want to try to blast that off, imo.