Please accept my apologies for the following lengthy post. The primary reason for this is to gain some valuable opinions and advice. I believe the more complete and detailed the information is, the better/easier it is to make a "well-informed" decision. The secondary reason is because I needed to really think about my alternatives; and putting them in writing helps me to think more clearly and objectively.

I am considering (7) different options for right now, because I want to get the entire interior back in the car (and hopefully finish everything else) in time for an upcoming Mopar show in early-mid May http://www.cpwclub.com/springevents/content-2/ . The decision on which way to go will be collectively based on overall total cost, best overall appearance, and highest percentage of total quality throughout (i.e. fit, manufacturing, and/or "restoration"). I would continue looking for better original rear panels, but I want/need to decide very soon on 1 of the following 7 options.

Please let me know if you think of any other viable options.

Regarding all the options below :
- The excellent condition original kick panels I have will work fine in all options.
- After the decision is made and the work is done, I would sell all/any leftover original panels, and all/any leftover removed Palcos. I could come out ahead, or at the very least recoup a minimum of 50% of the total cost (except for what was already spent several years ago on the used originals; which I have pretty much written off at this point).

Option #1
- Purchase Metro white door and seat back panels.
- Purchase a new pair of Palco white rear panels. Although I just took the Palco panels out of the car, I would not necessarily want to reuse the rears because they have damage/modifications/manufacturing defects that can be seen when installed. I've included some photos of those areas which are located on the leading edge of the panel. The leading edge is "grafted" onto the main body of the panel; which I'm sure is part of the manufacturing, as there are other segments on the backside that are "grafted" on. Hopefully, they have improved their manufacturing process since 2003.
- Total cost = ~ $1,300

Option #2
- "Restore" the deteriorated original rear panels by Just Dashes (or similar vendor shop). I use the term "restore" loosely. I know they would just be covered with vinyl by vacuum adhesion.
- Total cost = ~ $1,300

Option #3
- Re-use my Palco rear panels, but make some repairs to the manufacturing flaws, and try and and achieve a better fit through mods/trimming.
- Total cost = ~ $900

Option #4
- "Restore" ALL of my original panels by Just Dashes (or similar vendor shop). ALL panels include: doors, rear quarters, and seat backs.
- Total cost = ~ $1,000 (Until I get an actual quote, I am just speculating on this cost. Although several years ago, I did bring my originals to Just Dashes for a quote and I vaguely remember something in this "ballpark".

Option #5
- Re-dye/Paint the excellent condition original black door panels to white.
- Purchase Metro white seat back panels.
- "Restore" the deteriorated original rear panels by Just Dashes (or similar vendor shop).
- Total cost = ~ $600

Option #6
- "Restore" the deteriorated original rear panels and seat back panels by Just Dashes (or similar vendor shop).
- Total cost = ~ $600

Option #7
- Purchase Metro white seat back panels.
- Re-use my Palco rear panels, but make some repairs to the manufacturing flaws, and try and and achieve a better fit through mods/trimming.
- Total cost = ~ 400

I know there are some other combinations, but I think I've thought of all the ones that would ensure that I don't have more than (2) noticeably different textures.

And now for the big question - I know there are a lot of factors that come into play, but if you were in a similar situation, would you go with one of the above options and if so, which one? If not any of the above options, then what?

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by filmsurgeon; 03/02/13 05:57 AM.