Quote:

Quote:

New Metro seat back panels & Just dashes on the doors & rears.... But I'm getting the idea you live in the LA area, if thats true go to Just Dashes in person...

Thanks. Although I don't think I had this combination listed in my (1) of (7) options, I'm starting to think this might be the way to go.

BTW - Went to Just Dashes on Thursday to show them my panels (doors, rears, seat backs) to get a quote. $1,550 minus 10% discount = $1,400. Each door panel is $190; each seat back is $190. Here's the killer; each rear panel is $350. "Why?" Because, when they do these convertible rears, they do both front AND back sides. "Why?" They said, "because with the top down you can see into the back side of the panel. I said, "how about you just cover the front side of the panel, and I'll take care of the back with paint. They said; "No, we won't do that for you". I said; "Why not?" They said; "Because we don't want something going out of our shop without it being totally ready to install in you car, and we have a reputation that needs to be maintained, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. So, I don't know. Just Dashes much more expensive than I had assumed. Are there any other shops/companies that do this kind of work, or is Just Dashes the ONLY game in the Country? What successful experiences/approaches has anyone enjoyed? Thanks.

Yes, you can see the back of the panels when the top is down and it should be smooth, not grained like the front. If they do the back side, that is not correct and a waste of time money. I never heard of such a thing.