I'd set the harmonic dampener at your desired initial IE 15 BTDC #1 compression then move the dist housing till the magnet is dead even with the tooth then a C hair CW from the tooth with the vac can located in it's general correct location and clock the inter gear ANYWHERE it needs to be to locate the rotor under the #1 cap terminal. I would locate the #1 wire in the OE cap terminal location as it lets the wires nestle as neatly as possible with the shortest length and the standardization helps prevent future mistakes. As you know if you left the timing gears dot to dot at 6 & 12 o'clock then #6 cyl is firing & you'd locate the rotor under #6 cap terminal instead of under the #1 cap terminal. Depending on how close to dead on the rotor is to the cap terminal note that vac adv will shift it CW (BB) & an 8 degree can will shift it 8 (dist) degrees) from the at rest (no vac) position. Some dizzys have vastly different from stock top rotor to bottom tang phasing which throws the parallel OE deal out the window. The intergear slot is hidden & can be clocked anywhere to get the up top visible wires located correct if you desire & I would recommend it.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth