Quote:

Quote:

My scoop is trying to rip itself off of the hood on every pass and even at 70 on the fwy that`s why I feel it`s grabbing air just not enuff........... So Rebel,how do remove the hood by yourself w/out something to grab on to cos I rely on me only w/that stuff.

well you goinna have to make a friend coz there's no way i can remove the front clip by myself. my mum n law/wife/daughter or mate help me. maybe if i hadn't removed the grill i could have a handgrip but i was thinking aero when i modified mine, there's nothing to grip but lite enough to lift. i went cowl because of that reason you mentioned, i made my 6 pak taller & it tried to destroy the mounting points for the front clip. remember, mines made of bagged Kevlar, the whole thing weighs about the same as just a glass hood. if you made just a hood n cowl from carbon you could probably manage by yourself, just beware in windy conditions. i'm working on a carbon trunk & wing. just the trunk skin could be used as a kite.

Now I see that you have a removeable ft. clip so definately a two person deal there. So I wonder if I could hole saw a couple of holes in the middle of the cowl to lift it easier but not affect the inner workings of the scoop.............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....