Quote:

Quote:

I would like to build a motor with the Stage V heads and dual 4 intake with a set of either 750, 850 or 950 Holley D.P. to see what it would make I would rev it to where it made peak HP and then above that by 500 RPM to see how bad it fell off or flatten out

it would be interesting to see what it would do with the different carb setups, but i'm not sure i'd be brave enough to put my engine in the hands of the guy who uses the "crazy me" icon as much as you do!

I still cringe (butthole still puckers up real tight) every time one of my new motors or a customers motors goes to full throttle against the water brake on the engine dyno the first cuople of times It is not easy to not cringe at the sound of a motor being held at WOT at 3500 RPM before the pull starts I have hurt one of my motors on a engine dyno tuning it, I had a set of 1050 Dominators on a tunnel ram and one of the secondary power valve block off plugs had come loose a little, it wouuld read real rich at WOT on the AFR and the motor kepting gaining power by leaning out the jetting, I had jetted a pair of stock Holley 9375 down by 10 jet sizes, I knew something was wrong but I wasn't smart enough back then to stop the jet changing and go looking for the real problem I ended up burning up three pistons during the last pull My message is you have to learn to trust your feelings, when your mind is telling you something is not making sense there is usually a reason for it,(feeling that way) you should listen to your mind and stop what your doing and go looking for what is really wrong
BTW, I have a new 4.490 rough bore World hemi block and a new 4.300 Hemi stroker crank sitting here that belongs to a customer who wants to build a big power pump gas street Hemi for his 1970 Challenger, it will end up with the street Stage V heads, 2x4 Stage V intake and several sets of those carbs on it, if the economy ever recovers enough so he can finish buying the rest of the parts for his build That combination should make right at 547 C.I. and I'm hoping for 1.4 HP per C.I.(767 HP) off of his build Similar torque also

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)