Quote:

I use a points dist with the pertronix covversion in my truck to get rid of the problematic stock ecu/pick up

this way you get a little better vac advance than with the stock elec dist

and I have had no failures since then

so it not going as backwards as you might think,just a diff way of getting the elec part on a points style system

and IMO it is a good up grade on a elec dist with ecu crap still bolted up and looking stock,just bypassed by the pertronix system

just food for thought for some one who may not know its out there

I keep hearing that these ignitions are prone to problems. I have never had any problems aside from a resistor or two in over 30 years experience. I had a B-100 van, W100 PW, and now the Challenger. The van I bought brand new and drove for about 3 years and then sold to my dad and he drove it for another 20 or so. The Challenger, Dad bought when it was 6 Months old, and the PW I bought in about '90 and I drove it for 3 or 4 years. All had 318s and all '74s. Not by design, just worked out that way The van got a 340 stuck in it in 76 just because but still ran the 74 ignition. Was '74 just a very good year or did I/we just get lucky?? Specially since that was the first year for Chrysler's electronic ignition wasn't it??