yes, it is diff set up

put your car back to points and remove all the elec stuff

take a points dist,remove the points cond,istall the plate and pertronix system

it has 8 magnets taped to a round deal like the reluctor on a elec system

has its own rotor button,(which some over the counter ones dont work that well)

install the cap hook the 2 wires to the coil with a keyed hot wire(stock ign wire for the points system)

gut the ballist res and solder in a piece of #10 standed wire

thats it,never change points again

the bypassing of the ballist is to give the unit a full 12 volts

it will run without messing with the stock ballist but,you will notice more performance with it bypassed,the unit only see 7-8 volts and could cause it to fail( i ran mine about 4 trs like this and never a prob though)noticed the performance was up after I gave it 12 volts too

gutting the ballist and using the shell is to keep it looking stock under the hood,cant tell its in there unless you notice the red and black wire or the cap is off

well worth the $$$ IMO.I have change all mine over in the last 7 yrs and still have not had any probs with it

and dont peel the tape and magnets of the reluctor wheel....I have seen people do that and say its not working...

about 80$ and your running trouble free and the car is back to stock

I would update the voltage reg with one of the solid state upgrade regulaters the have now days,it looks like a stock one but has a circit boad thingy in it

best 2 things I did with my 68 Dart,pertronix and a solid state voltage regulater