Hey guys,

I am currently putting together a stroker 408 in a stock block 360. Im hoping to make a little over 500hp on the motor, and over 600 if I try to spray the house down with my cheater plate. The block is a 91 360LA roller block, that has already had all machine work done to it (only thing it doesn't have is main studs). My brother did a short fill on his Pontiac 400 block (he used Embecco 885) and he has tons of product left over that I was going to use.

My question is how streetable would this be? I put a good 3000 miles a year on my car, and when I do drive it, I drive it at times for a couple of hours. Do I need an external oil cooler with a short fill? Or could I get away without one? Is a short fill even going to help me at all? Also, I know its more ideal to fill before machine work, but I have read many say they measured the block after filling and there was no difference.

My current cooling system is a rad out of a junkyard 87 5th avenue with a clutch fan and shroud that never lets the car get hotter than 190 even sitting in traffic on 100-104 degree days. I know the water should technically be cooler since there is less of it and there will be less to cool...but I am worried about building heat in the bottom end and killing bearings. I run good oil, nothing boutique, but not sure its enough (Brad Penn Grade 1 10W40)

What do you guys think? Any insight on this and experience is appreciated