Quote:

No problem Tony. I'm sure you will like the track. There are a really great bunch of racers out there. I think the only problem the track has for those in PHX is the distance (and maybe the altitude)!! Hope to see you out there with your car.
I moved down here in 1979 and raced at the old Tucson Drugway - sorry - they closed after the promoter was arrested for using the track as a private landing strip for illegal substances from S of the border. It was just E of Houghton on Poorman Road. It was doomed anyway as the housing developments pushed S out of Tucson. The starting line and track are still out there in the desert. It was a long time before SIR came along. Most of us who race/raced at SIR watched it come to be. One thing in favor was its location and the fact its on county land. By the way - TIR is actually
Tucson (DIRT) International Raceway - probably not conducive to dragracing!!

Hey Matt - did some more work on getting the Ross Pistons ordered. Getting closer. How about you.

Honestly I just want to get a car on the track again. I have not made a pass in 2 years. So at this point I would take a dirt track...

That is some cool history to know. Always neat to hear about the old tracks. There is an old track up in MI, north of Detroit that you can still see the tower and if you get close enough the strip. Closed in 80's if I remember right.

I'll PM you when I am ready to hit the track with the car. It is set up for 1/8th mile right now so may need to make a gear change. I do not want to dump a ton of cash into it as I am building a new car.