Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This blows and I don't even live there. Is Firebird closing a done deal?

Does this leave ANY dragstips in AZ? Whatever happened to the old Beeline track??

Wow.

Guess I better quit complaining about only having Sac and Sonoma within a couple of hours from home...

TIR is here in Tucson but I hear that is closing too as the county runs it and loosing money but who knows. Also thier schedule is limited and from what I hear the track is marginal.

Actually its "SIR" here in Tucson. There is nothing marginal about the track or its operation. Since "mopartony" only "hears" its marginal - and incorrectly calls it "TIR" - I suspect he has never been out there.

The 2013 full schedule is not online yet, but
there are 5 events at the track between now and Feb 16th. There is also a private TNT on Jan 20th - which you can buy into. I see some of the track personnel most weekends, and there is no plan to close SIR. It is on the Pima County Fairgrounds, but run privately.

It is an IHRA track.

Mr "master of all things drag racing in Tucson AZ" Mopar, I do not know you nor you know me, so suspecting I have never been to the track is WRONG! As wrong as me hearing the prep is marginal or having limited events? No. I have been there, "watching" the Pro-Mods run in Oct. Along with a couple "events", saw quite a few cars spinning. The few Pro-Mods there said the prep stunk. Some of the guys here at work said the prep stunk at test and tune. So my saying I "hear" the prep is marginal is correct.

Now the couple of times I have looked at the schedule there have been few events on the schedule. Now maybe I need to be here more than a year to get to "real" event schedule or maybe I did not look at the right times, I do not know.

So instead of being a an f-ing tool. You may want to be a little nicer and correct someone. No you jump right to accusing.

As for "hearing" the track is closing that was on the Bullet and I heard it when I went to Firebird in the spring and fall.

But again I am an idiot who has "not" been to the track.

So Mr Mopar I hope you are happy.

Touchy are we!

My experiences with SIR go back to the first day the track was open.

68 RR 528" INDY MAXX 07 2500 CTD Southwest International Raceway - IHRA - Tucson, AZ