Quote:

Quote:

The land where Beeline was located was leased from the Salt River Pima Indian Tribe.

It was, but got sold to a gun club somewhere in the late 80s.
As to Speedworld--didn't know it was there THAT long (been here since '79), so you can imagine the lack of building that went in back then compared to today's requiremments. The problem, in any event, is participation around here. Track owners take the racers for "grant it", and don't know how to run an event, NHRA's rules are getting too stiff for the hobby racer and the track's marketing is terrible. The owners need to take a lesson from track operators in the South & Midwest to see how they run & maintain a good car-count.

It's amazing what our car count used to be back in the early 80's... when you had to drive down a dirt road to get to the track and pit in the dirt as well. I'm just happy they finally got paved roads to the track and also covered up the dirt where we pit.

All that said - YES, I would love for Bruton Smith to build a complex like he did in Vegas - anywhere in the valley would be good with me! I kinda like bathrooms that work! LOL