Quote:

I'm looking to get a glass hood for my challenger. Six pack hood. Mostly cuz I love the look, also because my rallye hood weighs a ton.
When I finish the car this time it will be raced less, highway driven more.
I don't do shows, and I'm not anal about my clean engine bay, so i won't show that off.
Mostly curious at what speed does the hood start to do funny things, and how many pins to use?

I'm going to assume that when you say six pak hood your talking about the 1969 six pak scoop on a 1970 Challenger hood, not the fibreglas 1970 T/A sixpak hood and scoop. I bought a raceweight Duster hood with a 1968 Hemi scoop molded on it by the fibreglass company I bought it from, I did what Doc Fibregals is suggesting, I molded some aluminum angle brackets onto the bottom of the hood so it would bolt onto the stock A body hinges. I removed the stock hood springs and use a broom stick to hold the hood up when open, trying to mislead some of those that think they have a "fast car" I used two Dzuz fateners behind the scoop, the two stock hinges at the rear corners, two more dzuz fasteners between te hinges and the front and four more dzuz aster acros the front. The scoop stays normal until around 125 + MPH, the faster the car goes the taller the scoop try to stretch It runs 134.+ MPH in the 1/4 now I use to have a sixpak on the motor and I trimmed the hood so the stock type six pak aircleaner elements with two stacked on top of each other would clear the hood that meant it has two bolts holding the front of the scoop on the front instead of four like the 1968 SS cars have Several of my other bracket cars had lift off hoods, I hated them, especially at the track when the wind was blowing

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)