Don't forget that the rod bearing that takes a beating when there is no oil pressure is the top half, not the bottom half I made a rod bearing tap by running the oil level low on the first Mopar I owned, going up a hill and kick it down into passing gear and about halfway up the hill the oil light flickered and the rod tapping started I had pulled a small piece out of one of the rod bearing bottom half and it rolled up into wedge making a large slot in the center of the bearing, it went tap, tap, tap until I had them all replaced by a local shop I have since seen a lot of rod bearings become junk due to low or no oil pressure, I have had the oil bypass plug come out of two mtors in high gear above 5500 RPM, the oil pressures go away in a hurry, one time I had three upper bearing shells marked up and the other time it got all of them On the bad one I didn't have a oil light and kept my foot in it for the last three hundred feet, on the first one I heard the plug bounce off of the headers and looked down at the oil pressure gauge, it was dropping so I push the nuetral button (1963 Plymouth 426 M.W.) and turn the ignition switch off right away, three uppers still got damamged

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)