Quote:

I had oil coming out in back but no actual pressure with gauge hooked up. Lets hope it's a front plug and not rear of motor behind flywheel as I have all my 4 speed stuff hooked up now. Do not want to tear apart whole motor obviously . I have no bore scope so I guess I'm tearing front of motor off today

Check your oil pressure gauge with some air pressure first now I have had a valve spring break while racing,it broke on the return road idling back to the pits, and that let a pushrod fall out of the drivers side which allowed that roller lifter to pop out of its lifter bore, which resulted in either zero or less than 10 lbs of oil pressure, I can't remember now exactly what the gauge read when I looked at it, it was low so I shut it off right away. This problem has me intriqued Please let us kow what you find BTW, I have also had the bypass valve in the BB oil pumps stick half way open due to a tiny bit of debris being caught between the valve and oil pump passge it rides in, new motors make metal while breaking in I wouldn't think that is your case do to swapping ol pumps but is is easy to ceck, take the pump off the motor and remove the plug and spring that holds the bypass valve in and point the passage down toward s the bench, table or floor and see if it will side out using ravity. It will be slow to slide out do to the oil in there but it should slide out easily. If it has to be sucked out of there with a magnet or tapping the cover on a hard surafce check it, the valve, and the bore real carefully for burrs or debris Let us know what you find

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)