Quote:

i've built several strokers using their kits, and they're all still out there. the parts all checked better than my kit, which was from mancini (eagle crank and rods, diamond pistons). of course, the rods need to be pin fitted. i don't think the chinese will EVER get the hang of proper pin fit (most likely the reason for the pin bushing failure pictured earlier in this tread). there are some things i would not use from 440 source, but the rotating assemblies have been good for me.

It's pretty hard to mass produce a rod with a fitted pin bore when there are more than one size of .990 pin. Brandon told me when I bought mine, that they were machined tight and had to be honed to fit. Easy to take metal away, hard to put it back.

The only thing I had to touch on my Source kit was the pin fit and I was told that up front. Anything else that came out of a box that said Edelbrock, Mopar Performance, Milodon or Ross had no end of annoying or expensive surprises. As my builder likes to say, "if it comes out of a box, it's FUBAR"

The safest course no matter who's box your parts come out of is to assume they are junk and check and correct as required. That way you don't have a pin bushing that looks like the one above.

Kevin