So many things changed from 2 years ago and really too many things changed!! It ran 7.50's in the 1/8 but that was with a set of 5.13 gear's because that's all we used to run! Went to a better fuel system then we had previous. Changed out all of the mechanical stuff. Water pump and fan. Took off alternator and got rid of the belt and pulley. Got a new set of plug wires that were same brand. Moroso. Got a new carburetor but same cfm as the last one which was a edelbrock aka edelbog. The new carburetor we kind of messed up in a way but still works. It's just a street serious proform. Added a aluminum 2" open spacer. Changed from 20w 50 brad penn to 15w 40 rotella t. Also took about 40-50 lbs off the car and probaly the worse mistake was a 4.30 rear end gear made the car a dog. Thinking all this stuff would make it go low 7's but ended up going 8.00.. It's really not far to blame it 100% on the rear end gear but I think it's safe to say atleast 50% of the blame could go there! We never got a good pass on it the first pass wasn't real good. Went 8.003 at 87 mph in 1/8 and 12.65 at 104 in 1/4. Also it had a 1.75 60 ft we didn't get a good burnout.. We had our acts together on the second pass we got a much better burnout and got the car staged real good and as soon as we let go off the botton the car came to a holt. One of the bolts that holds the caps for the spool assmebly decided to snap! So who knows on the first pass wether the rearend was starting to fight itself or what? All I know no matter what would do that day the car wasn't getting out of the 12's.. To high of gear. The 7.56 equals out to a ll.78 in the 1/4. Also timing could be hurting us as well especially not knowing where it is at so there could be a decent gain right there! Now that I got a timing light I can get it set correctly! I also got a new leak down tester which will be put to use here soon! I am also going to do a bunch of other checks so I'll deffiently keep everyone updated on this long journey and mystery that we will be going through to pick apart all the problems!!!